With more than 10,000 deaths in 184 countries, the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is undoubtedly a public health emergency of international concern. As of March 20, 2020, there is a total of 495 confirmed cases in Greece. As the pandemic spreads, it is important to remain calm and take all appropriate actions, as individuals and as a society, in accordance with the instructions of the scientific community and respective health authorities.
We at Koskinidis Packaging fully comprehend our responsibility to protect public health. At the same time, we are committed to always put our people first, and we have therefore taken a series of measures to safeguard the health of our employees and associates, to help reduce the spread of the virus, and to ensure uninterrupted production. Specifically:
- Immediate disinfection and disinfestation, as well as preventive spraying for COVID-19 with the EOF approved disinfectant DALCO 100, will be carried out at the Koskinidis Packaging facilities at Tavrοs and Moschato on Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22 respectively.
- Daily surface disinfection is carried out diligently in all public areas (offices, ramps, elevators, shared switches, knobs) as well as offices, keyboards, and phones.
- Antiseptic solution bottles have been placed in all offices and production areas for employees, as well as at the main entrance to the building, with visitors required to use it.
- All office and production floor employees have been informed about and adhere to personal hygiene measures.
- All Ministry of Health posters regarding guidelines for the prevention of the spread of the epidemic have been posted at the production sites.
- All employees have been informed by the HR department that if they or a member of their family or close circle of friends are experiencing cold- or flu-like symptoms they are obliged to stay at home. Isolation is recommended until symptoms have completely subsided and for at least 24 hours after resolution of fever without the use of antipyretic medication.
- Starting March 16, the majority of office workers will perform their duties from home with the support of the company's IT department.
- All meetings take place via telephone and / or videoconferencing.
In the event that an employee shows first symptoms while at work, Kokkinidis Packaging will take the following measures:
- The employee with symptoms will be isolated from his colleagues and the company’s occupational physician will be informed.
- Koskinidis Packaging has come to an agreement with Di Athens Diagnostic Laboratory for testing. In the event of symptoms consistent with the clinical picture of COVID-19, Koskinidis Packaging will cover the cost of the COVID-19 test (EUR 150) for each employee who wishes to be examined.
- All company premises will be disinfected and colleagues who have been in close contact with the employee who has shown symptoms will be temporarily isolated, in accordance with the instructions of the occupational physician and the National Public Health Organization.
- Additional personnel is on call.
- In the event of multiple simultaneous cases, the possibility of bringing in seasonal staff is being explored to extend employee sick leaves as needed.
Koskinidis Packaging closely monitors the developments of the COVID-19 epidemic in our country and is committed to ensuring uninterrupted production, as well as the good health of our employees and partners.